May 3-4, 2023
The Digital Thread in a Heterogeneous, Extended Enterprise Reality
A call for PLM Professionals to share their knowledge and experience
The Digital Thread holds much promise and keeps many PLM Professionals busy defining, planning, and implementing it. While still visionary, business cases exist with benefits starting to surface. Full-scale implementations are not yet common. However, much technical work is going on. Alongside the technical work, companies are also investigating and investing in how to deliver tangible benefits to the bottom line. In some cases, technology as an enabler will drive the implementation of Digital Threads, yet in other cases, new processes based on Digital Threads disrupt industries.
Implementing a Digital Thread and its governance is daunting—potentially including redefining the business scope, processes, and skills. Unless the processes and people are enabled to implement and govern a Digital Thread, it will not happen.
The PLM Professional is key to implementing a Digital Thread. Still, it is a team effort involving many others, including enterprise architects, process owners, IT security, supply chain, engineering, manufacturing, customer support, aftermarket, and those at the CXO level.
PLM Road Map & PDT 2023 will advance our understanding of the Digital Thread. It will provide insights into where industrial end-user companies are today and how they plan to benefit from the Digital Thread in the future. It will help us to understand what is available from the software provider and systems integrator communities. And it will provide an environment for you to share your knowledge and experiences and shorten the time for return on investment in the Digital Thread.
Building on previous PLM Roadmap & PDT conferences, our agenda will offer a mix of reports and case studies from industry experts, covering the people, process, and technology aspects of Digital Thread realization.
Agenda topics will include the following:
- Digital Thread: Why Should We Care?
- How OEMs and First-Tier Suppliers enable the Digital Thread in spite of themselves
- The Past Century Has Not Prepared Us For The Next Decade
- The Digital Thread in Regulated Industries with Complex Products – Current State and Future Trends
- Engineering Bill of Materials with Live Parts List at GE Aerospace
- People, Process, and Technology: The Pillars of Digital Transformation Success
- Enabling Marketing, Engineering & Manufacturing Digital Thread thanks to a PIM / PLM integrated application